French Polynesia: the Society Islands

Jewels Forums Development news French Polynesia: the Society Islands

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

AveMetal
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 99

The new version of the Society islands v.0.96 is ready! and we are close to a Release candidate with all the features that I´d like to include (that will be the version 1.0). It requires a clean install, so if you have any previous version you have to uninstall it first.

This new version includes includes some minor fixes to the Leeward islands, and of course the long-awaited Windward islands with Tahiti, Moorea, Mehetia, Tetiaroa and Maiao, and the 3 airports within the area: NTAA – Aéroport International Tahiti Faa’a; NTTM – Moorea and NTTE – Tetiaroa. Unfortunately the 3D models for the buildings in NTAA are not ready yet so we included some generic buildings fitting the place. But from now on I´ll focus on this part of the development, and also I want to improve some of the current models.

Other features that I want to add/improve in sucessive updates are:

– Ground polygons. This is the technique to make custom detailed textures for the airports. As I get better skills in this area I see there are many details that can be polished and added.
    – Improved performance, principally in the airport areas and more noticeable in lower rigs.
    – Full compatibility with the 3D vegetation for Prepar3D v4.
    – Improved overall terrain textures, more defined and with night textures.
    – New set of textures for the Pacific autogen buildings with a photorealistic style.
    – More 3D models and custom effects.
    – Better air and sea AI traffic.

I´ll be sending the emails along the coming week but if you want to receive sooner the scenery send me your emails to:
    info@flight-sim-jewels.com
    or through the contact form of the top right corner.

Notice that it is also available a revision of our freeware texture packages, improved to match flawlessly with our sceneries or any others 😛
    The Tropical Vegetation now includes a correction for the ghostly/pale 3D vegetation for Prepar3D v4 and an improved custom texture for the palm trees:
    https://flight-sim-jewels.com/tropical-vegetation-enhancement/
    and the Ocean Hues textures packages, that are renamed in a more intuitive way and includes a new Hue for Hawaii “deep”:
    https://flight-sim-jewels.com/ocean-hues-enhancement/

I´ll update soon that pages with the new features but the download is already available. Btw, if you own REX4 I made a theme called “Flight Sim Jewels – Pacific” that can be searched in the Community Themes. It is the one that I use in combination with the freeware texture packages, that you can see in the screenshots.

As you may notice I´ve started a new topic as the previous one is starting to get old, anyways you can access it with this link:
    https://flight-sim-jewels.com/forums/topic/french-polynesia-the-society-islands-old/

Greetings and I hope you all enjoy this new release, and the next ones yet to come 😉

#3451 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

Hi

Will be exciting to try when I get home from work today. Interesting also to read you will focus on airport and airport 3D buildings in the near future. I like this strategy 🙂 Nothing destracts more from the immersion coming in for landing from a beautiful scenery only to find a dull lifeless airport. Especially Tahiti International airport. High res airport building, 3D grass and so on.

By the way, I can really recommend for everyone to use the AIFP (AI Flightplanner tool) and build some realistic Tahiti AI traffic. Its time consuming I know but free and the end result is amazing! The Alpha-India page is a fantastic resource for  material. I have now every single airline trafficing the area all with the latest 2017 schedules.

#3465 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

Looks very promising from a quick flight. Naturally NTAA is not complete as you already noted but I have to say that the taxi lines shimmer like crazy on my mashine 🙂

Also what water texture pack are you using in your screenshots? I tried the Polynesian version but its much darker than yours. Whch one would you recommend for flying exclusively on the Society Islands?

Also notice that if I add the lines you you recommend to my prepar3d.cfg I instantly loose 10 FPS. I tried back and forth several times just to rule out that the commands were the problem.  (I use P3d v4)

Thanks for the package. Overall a great addition.

mike

#3471 Reply

Hans
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

Hi, are there any night textures included?

#3477 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

@ Mike:

I have to take a look to the AI Flightplanner tool, I didn´t know about it. Btw, if you have some detailed air traffic plans and you want to share we´d appreciate it :mrgreen:

About the texture packs that I use in the screenshots it is the Polynesian version but  I guess it may differ from one user to another because of the different settings and monitor configurations. I use this lightning values in Prepar3D: HDR checked with Brightness 1.00, Bloom 0.80 and saturation 1.15. Take into account that if you applied the above recommended REX preset, you have to apply as last step the Polynesia texture because otherwise REX will overwrite it.

About the configuration file recommendations, AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=1 definetly is FPS consuming and better to apply with a good machine because the little extra buildings can have a performance impact. But IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=1024 I think this one is worthwhile and didnt affect the frames in my tests.  Also I take note of the lines shimmer for future corrections 😉

@ Hans:

It includes the autogen night textures so it doesn´t look bad at all. But I want to include some night textures for the terrain and some effects like the lamp post lights in the urban areas like Papeete that I think that will increase the realism. Here some shots as it currently looks:

Greetings!

#3483 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

The problem is that I use (FSPXAI) models for all the aircraft trafficing NTAA including Airbus 330, 340, Boeing 777, Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner and all those are payware so I cant share it. However all schedules are from the United Traffic Team and are Summer 2017 so its fairly recent and they are all free. As an alternative to payware aircraft models I beleive they all could be obtained from freeware developers AIA and FAIB. “Juergens paint hangar” and “The Flying Carpet” are perfect resources for free airline repaints to those models as well as AVSIM.

Mike

#3488 Reply

Hans
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

You sold a copy, just bought it. Looking forward to trying it out. I was undecided between yours and Flightscene’s.

#3496 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

@ Hi Mike, thanks for the tips, it’s a good base to start. Probably I´ll make a freeware package for the air traffic and some routes for the large boats like cruise and cargo ships.

@ Hi Hans, thanks for the vote of confidence! I guess that each scenery has its uniqueness, strengths and constraints. Here I just speak for myself but for my part if I see there is something that can be improved or I learn something new to apply I´ll try to do my best. Just an example, recently I´ve been thinking that photogrammetry could be applied to make an ultra-detailed mesh of Bora Bora (I have the materials ready). Obviously there are other priorities and areas in which investing much less time we will have quicker results, after all it is such a big region for a small team like us that we have to select carefully where to focus first.

What I mean is that I prefer to have few products but well cared for, not just make a release, forget it and go for the next one. This updates can take a relatively long time to materialise, but I think that there´s a big evolution in the scenery since the initial release and the overall balance is positive.

P.S. last development update: Bora Bora with some test street lights 😉

Cheers!

#3688 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster
    Hi all! currently all the owners of the Society Islands scenery should have received the emails with the link and keys to the new version. If you don´t find it look in your junk mail folder or contact us.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Javier.
    #3904 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

I like it! 🙂 One can really see the great effort you have put in to these islands. The only somewhat less attractive feature at present are in my opinion the airports. Most of them look ok though, yet far from Orbx, FSDG, Flightbeam or Flytampa standard but that is of course expected since those guys charge so much more for their stuff. Yet some better resolution 3D buildings and more clutter like bushes, flowers, fences, baggage carts, cones etc would be nice and perhaps some custom runways. Perhaps this is beyond the scope of the project?

Do you have an estimate for when NTAA will see the light if day?

mike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
Reply To: French Polynesia: the Society Islands

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: