French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

Jewels Forums French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 101 total)
  • Author

AveMetal
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 95

Hello Vladimir,

I don´t know the exact date, but he autogen and mesh details fine tuning that I was commenting in the previous post now it´s done so it only lacks the details in the NTAA airport area: some corrections in the ground polygon and the texture, and adding the runway and taxi lines. So is not too much what it remains but I don´t know if is going to take me one, two or three weeks, it just will be finished when I´m satisfied with the result.

Regards,

Javier.

#3358 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

A brief summary of the scenery development. Now the texture corrections in the International Airport of Tahiti Faa´a (NTAA) and the ground polygon that I was commenting before are finished. Only remains to correct some buildings details and to draw the airport aprons, taxiways and runway lines.

Also I´ve been “wasting” a bit of time experimenting with some animation effects, in this case some sharks to be seen through the beautiful lagoon waters, as there are some spots where they are fed. The first results are good but still need some work so I´ll leave this part for later, for an update of the marine life around Hawaii and Polynesia with animated sharks, manta rays, dolphins, whales…

Finally I want to thank George Keogh for letting me use his superb 3D people models for this scenery!

Cheers!

#3361 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

Hi, have you tried your Tahiti scenery with the new Terra flora addon from Turbulent Design that everyone seem to be talking about these days replacing default trees, or is your scenery all your own tree models?

It looks like we are getting closer to release and I am very excited! 🙂 hope the airports have a facelift. Happy to hear you could use Georges people models. Is he involved in the airports in any other way? His Hawaii airports were amazing for freeware.

mike

#3362 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

I went through the images when you compared the 1m pixel and 0.5m pixel and what a striking difference! If the problem providing the sharper image is bandwith cost I for one would be more than happy to pay extra money to cover your cost, its so much worth it and I am sure others agree. Tahiti scenery is supposed to be used flying low and slow and missing out on the high quality image would be a loss in my humble opinion. Pleeeease consider the 0.5 pixel throghout the islands AveMetal! 🙂

Mike

#3366 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

I haven´t tried the Terra flora addon though it looks very nice. Our scenery doesn´t include directly our own tree models, so it can be used with any vegeteation addon. I just recommend to use it together with our tropical vegetation enhancement, that includes better hues to match the scenery only for the vegetation involved in this area and a custom model only for the palm trees:
    https://flight-sim-jewels.com/tropical-vegetation-enhancement/

Also I´m going to update this textures soon so it will involve the new 3D vegetation of Prepar3D v4 as I illustrated in this prior post:
    https://flight-sim-jewels.com/forums/topic/french-polynesia-the-society-islands/page/9/#post-2488

And I want to keep updating the vegetation, adding more custom models, at least for the vegetation concerning the Pacific area. But as I say, it can be used with any other vegetation addons “to the costumer´s taste” and it will look also good I guess.

About the airports George didn´t help in it, and I want to make a facelift although is not the priority for now, it is the next release. Then I´ll keep upgrading the scenery at no extra cost. This major updates are going to be focused in different areas: sharpening the main textures to at least 0.5 meters/pixel, night textures and effects, 3D models overhaul including new ones for iconic places, resorts, etc.

Regards,

Javier.

#3376 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hi all,

sorry if these last little steps to finish the next release are taking forever, currently I have almost no time. With luck I can spend one hour in the development tasks… but don´t worry because it is still advancing, slowly but advancing!

Since the last little update now the lines are drawn in the runway, taxiways and the aprons but need retouches in these last ones. And also remains to correct a few buildings around. As you can see is very close but with the few time that I have I don´t know how much is left…

Regards and thanks for your patience!

#3377 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

In my humble opinion you should really release as is for now and patch any remaining problems later. You have worked so hard on this great addon for so long and we have waited patiently and look so much forward to fly the region. In addition I imagine some or many of us will use the payware version on Tahiti FAAA anyway for the time beeing.

Mike

#3392 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

I’ll try to have ready the next release for this weekend 😉

Greetings!

#3395 Reply

aute
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

What a wonderfull new !!!

Thanks Javier 😉

#3401 Reply

Vladimir
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

This would be great!!! I can’t wait.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 101 total)
Reply To: French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: