French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

Jewels Forums French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

So we are talking four more months until release?! That sure is a long time. Why not release the other complete islands first and wait with Tahiti with its present incomplete autogen and release that later?

Mike

#1845 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 95

Hi Mike,

the development time is only an estimate, could be more or could be less, but don´t take it literally. We are a very small team and any setback can delay the project. The only truth about the release is the same that I´ve heard many times when I followed other mods, addons, etc., and it is that it will come out when it’s done.

I´m the first one interested to release it as soon as posible, but first the product has to achieve a minimum of quality and convince me.

Since the first moment the Beta V2 was announced including the Windward islands (Tahiti, Moorea, Mehetia, Tetiaroa and Maiao), and at this point it wouldn´t be so easy to release without Tahiti, because many files concern several islands and trying to do that would be like stepping back.

Regards!

#1851 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hi all!

On this occasion we have some fresh pics of the islands that are finished. Now we are polishing and checking island by island till they are all ready for the release, so from now on I will upload regularly screenshots of the work concluded for this new version that is on the way.

So we have ready and tested the most western atolls, Motu One, Manuae, and Maupihaa, with a new color correction and equalization, AutoGen, etc.

The next islands that we will show are Maupiti, Tupai and BoraBora. I think that for the end of this week could be ready…

Regards!

#1854 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Some interesting news this time, for now we can include Maupiti, Tupai and BoraBora in the list of finished islands for the next release, with colours, autogen and water masks thoroughly revised. So now we move to Tahaa, Raiatea and Huahine to complete the Leeward islands, and when these ones are finished I will give early access for those who want to try these nine islands.

So I eat my own words (from a couple of posts above), but take into account that this will not be the official release of the new version V2, just an early access till we finish the remaining five Windward islands. So if you are interested, please let us know through the contact tab above or by email to info@flight-sim-jewels.com

Moving on to other issues I´ve been experimenting with the textures to increase the resolution, and I think that I can increase it from the current 1.2 – 1 meters/pixel to 0.6 – 0.5. Some comparision screenshots:

As you can see the difference is only noticeable in the closest details (click the images to enlarge) like the reefs or the shrubs of the second image, that seems sharper. The results were obtained relatively quickly, so I think I will include it in a future update.

A few more pics:

Maupiti

Tupai

Cheers!

#1977 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hi all! this is the last preview before the release of the Beta V2 early access that will contain many improvements over the current V1 version: more detailed autogen, custom 3D objets, new water masks, new terrain mesh, corrected textures, boat traffic and many fixes 🙂

It is almost ready, this week I´m out so when I´m back I´ll start sending it by mail to those who have requested it through the contact tab above or by email to info@flight-sim-jewels.com

Also I will include for free a set of new textures to improve the ocean hues, and other with HD palm trees that fit better for the Pacific area and that can be used also to improve other sceneries.

Cheers!

#1990 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

Looks great, cant wait to get me hand on this. As always you are doing a terrific job here! In terms of detailed airports for the islands though, will they be included in beta 2 as well? Also, any plans to add some random GA AI traffic to add some life to the airports?

I guess many of us use various AI traffic packages like Ultimate Traffic and others and they add greatly to commercial operations at Tahiti Intl. airport (Air France, Air Tahiti etc) but other airports like Bora Bora, Moorea and others will be very empty. There are some great French textured General aviation AI aicraft (Pipers, Cessnas etc) available online (AVSIM) so if we only had some scheduled GA flights these aircraft and textures could easily be assigned to these flights. Any plans to add some general aviation AI traffic?

Mike

#1996 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

we are going to include with this imminent release NTTB Motu Motu airport (Bora Bora), NTTR Uturoa airport (Raiatea) and NTTH Fare airport (Huahine), and in the next update the Windward islands with NTTM Temae airport (Moorea), and probably some custom 3D buildings for NTAA – Tahiti International airport. The remaining airports will have at least corrected AFCADs, anyways as this is still a Beta we will keep upgrading the airports with better ground polygons, textures, etc.

About the detailed AI traffic is very likely to include it, but in further updates. First we focus in bigger areas to improve, and then we will go into the “details”.

Cheers!

#2107 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Society Islands Beta V2 Leeward Islands released!

Now it is available to purchase through our website the new version. This is a full revision of the previous version (V1) with a new terrain model, detailed airports, 3D objects like the floating bungalows, hand placed Autogen, new hand drawn watermasks, boat traffic and lots of other details to bring life and to discover this wonderful place.

The upgrade is for free for all the Beta V1 owners and we make a 20% discount to all those who supported the Hawaii Photoreal Project. I´ll be sending the emails as soon as I can but you can ask it before if you want by mail to: info@flight-sim-jewels.com, and if you already asked for the early access keys check your mail 😉

This release is accompanied with a free set of new textures that you can use also in other sceneries!

https://flight-sim-jewels.com/tropical-vegetation-enhancement/

https://flight-sim-jewels.com/ocean-hues-enhancement/

Greetings!

#2141 Reply

Handie
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

<span id=”result_box” class=”” lang=”en” tabindex=”-1″>Hello,

<span class=””>I just received the mail with the link for the beta V2 and I thank you.</span>
    <span class=””>Should we install this version over the old version or do we need to uninstall the old version before installing the new version?</span></span>

#2142 Reply

vbazillio
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 6

Should we install this version over the old version or do we need to uninstall the old version before installing the new version?

I’m not the dev, but as the new version “install” (more accurently “create”) in “FSJ & PS – French Polynesia – Society Islands (Beta V2a)” where two new groups of scenery (islands and airports) are create, it looks logical that you just have to install (+ move manually some Effects and Textures files), define this BetaV2a in FSx/P3D library and uncheck the previous v1.

This said, the first run I did wasn’t sucessfull : tree all other the runway (NTAA, NTTB) several runways (NTTB)… I have to investigate.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 101 total)
Reply To: French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: