French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

Jewels Forums French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • Author

AveMetal
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 95

Hello aute,

I´d say that the next release that will include the Windward Islands, with Tahiti, Moorea, Tetiaroa, etc., could be ready by the end of the next month. It is taking longer than I expected but this last months I had less time than usual, despite the recent release of Hawaii (Big Island) that didn´t take long because it was already advanced. Meanwhile I´ll keep you informed and post a preview if there is something interesting to show.

Regards!

#2430 Reply

aute
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

Thanks for your reply AveMetal  😉

#2443 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Now that we are close to release the 2nd part of the Society Islands that will include the remaining islands (Tahiti, Moorea, etc.) I want to launch at the same time an update for the textures addons that you can find in this website. For example for the Night Sky Enhancement I´ll be including some Northern Lights effects as you can see in the next pics 🙂

By the end of the month could be ready, but I can not promise. We shall see…

#2444 Reply

Hugo Woesthuis
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

Looks very nice AveMetal! Can’t wait do some some night Artic Flights!

#2453 Reply

Mike
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

If I recall you said something earlier that you had higher resolution data available to you although at present it was not used in the product. I was thinking after looking at the airports perhaps it would be a good idea to add that higher resolution data if not everywhere at least to the airport areas. They look a bit blurry when close.

Are we getting closer to release by the way?

Mike

#2454 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hello Mike, I guess you mean about this post:

https://flight-sim-jewels.com/forums/topic/french-polynesia-the-society-islands/page/5/#post-1854

Really what I´m going to do to increase the resolution is a technique to “sharpen” the current textures, from 1.2 – 1 m/pixels of resolution to aproximately the half. The problem is that this can increase the files size x4, so I´ll leave this for later because it is only noticeable close to the aircraft when flying very low. Also I´ll have to compare different compressions, fixes, etc., so I´ll leave it for a later update when I´ll include also night textures, etc.

BUT the airports ground areas already include a higher resolution of 30 cm/pixel. The main issue is that even this resolution is in the limit for a good quality so be sure to tick the Land detail textures box in the Scenery Settings, this will help. Also I want to improve my ground-poly skills so let´s hope to see better overall textures for the airports in the future…

In relation to the next release, this next post is about it:

#2455 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hi all! this would be the last preview until the Windward Islands are released. Here we show the islands that are completly finished:

Maiao

Mehetia

Tetiaroa

Some wide-view screenshots for Moorea:

and an extra one for Maupiti because I love it 😛 :

So only remains to correct some artifacts and other details in Tahiti that in general terms is highly-developed as we could see in one of the last previews: https://flight-sim-jewels.com/forums/topic/french-polynesia-the-society-islands/page/7/#post-2257

See you soon in the next release!

#2477 Reply

Dakolva
    • Topics:
    • Replies:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi great work ! Will you able to release before end of may ?</p>

#2478 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster

Hello Dakolva, I can´t predict when is going to be ready. Since the last preview post I corrected the artifacts so the textures and watermasks for Tahiti are finished. Also I´ve been improving the AutoGen and included road traffic, so this is what is ready for now.

What remains is to fix a bit the mesh and to fit together the airport (NTAA) and make the ground polygons that I think that can be done in a week or so in normal conditions, but currently I don´t have too much time. Half of this year I´ve been out of home and I have a laptop to continue the developing, that is better than nothing but it can´t be compared to a desktop computer…

Also I want to update the textures sets that I share through this site. I´m currently remaking the AutoGen textures from the scratch, based on the colorful palette that we can find in these islands and inspired on the clean design lines of the architecture of Tahiti and the surrounding area. I will share this textures for free so anyone can use them in the Tropical Pacific area, not just this scenery.

With that said, the development is advanced but it will not be ready until I complete these points, it could take two, four weeks or who knows…

Regards!

#2486 Reply

Hugo Woesthuis
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

Hi AveMetal,

As you may already be seen, P3Dv4 is coming out with 64-bit compatibility. Is this scenery (and Hawaii) going to be upgraded? Can’t wait to see the 1cm mesh and textures in this one ;).

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 101 total)
Reply To: French Polynesia: the Society Islands Old

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: