Hawaii Photoreal Problem off Wailuku coast

Jewels Forums Bugs and compatibility issues Hawaii Photoreal Problem off Wailuku coast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3

I’m having a few strange problems off the north coast of Maui, and I don’t know if it is a conflict with something else I have installed in FSX, or if it’s a problem with Hawaii Photoreal.  I’m hoping someone can tell me if this is what they see in this area?  If not, do you have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?  I also am getting dark lines that appear to be radiating from buildings, and a dark rectangle off the west coast of Maui that overlaps the West Maui Mountains.  I can’t seem to figure out how to insert photos, so here is a link to some screenshots on my website:

http://dandamico.homestead.com/HawaiiPhotorealproblem.html

#3371 Reply

Dan
    Participant

I got rid of the land mass north of the coast by reinstalling the program.  I still have the black lines radiating from some of the buildings, so if anyone can help with that, I’d appreciate it.

#3373 Reply

Dan
    Participant

For those that might be having this problem, switching off ground scenery shadows in the FSX scenery setting got rid of the lines.

#3375 Reply

AveMetal
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 99

Hi Dan,

sorry for the late answer, these last days I´ve been away. I hope you saw the answer that I sent to you in FB, but in any case the coast issue seemed to be a problem applying the Patch 2 because the WaterClass improvements that includes doesn´t look correctly applied in that area.

I recommend to apply the 3 patches that are available in the same link that the islands sceneries:

https://hawaii-photoreal.com/downloads/

And follow carefully the instructions of the Readme files that they include. It is a bit tedious but not difficult, basically is to copy and paste content in the right folders. The Patch 1 Readme instructions has some examples of the order in which the sceneries have to be placed in the Scenery Library. I also recommend to place the Hawaiian stuff above other sceneries like UTX USA or ORBX.

Regards, and thanks for the advice 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hawaii Photoreal Problem off Wailuku coast

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: